Thursday, July 9, 2009

Exit 38 - 07/09/09

With many chores needed to by on Wednesday, Exit 38 was out of the question. Luckily I was able to find a partner, Jackie from the UWCC, to go climbing with on Thursday. We headed to the Far Side to escape the crowds and settled on the Gunshow area. We warmed up by both leading a 5.8. After that we ventured up the two pitch 5.9, where I led the first pitch and Jackie led the second pitch. It was a really fun climb, where the first pitch was steep and the second pitch was slabby. Good views from the top. Next I tried my hand at a 10b, but had to lower. Jackie then tried it and didn't get past where I stopped. So after she lowered, she led the 5.8 to the left of the 10b and was able to set up a top rope and retrieve our gear. I then top roped the 10b and was able to climb it after some flailing. No pictures were taken.

Led:
GS-6 5.8
Elation At The End Of Eternity pitch 1 5.9

Top Roped:
Elation At The End Of Eternity pitch 2 5.9
GS-4 5.10b

No comments:

Post a Comment