Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Exit 38 - 06/03/09

Katie and I tried to escape the heat by going to the Cascade foothills. Obviously this did not work. We opted not to climb at Gunshow to avoid the sun and went to Overhaul Wall. We first went to the Slabbage Patch area and was pretty unsuccessful. I went to lead Party Girl, a 5.7, and downclimbed after the first bolt due to me not wanting to take a ground fall. There was a chopped bolt and I must have missed the other second bolt, because my second bolt was a long way up from the first. After downclimbing, I traversed into the gulley to climb the 5.9, but that was extremely ugly with lots of moss and spiderwebs. I downclimbed that and went to the other 5.9 which traverses around the rib. After the first bolt I got on the other wall, but it looked super crappy with more huge ground fall potential. After all this, we packed up and headed back downhill to the Motherland area. There were climbers on the better routes there, so I jumped on this traversing 5.8 climb. It totally sucked. It was a huge traverse, lots of rope drag, some running water over rocks and it felt like climbing steep boulders, not a continuous wall. After all of that, it cooled down a bit and we decided to hike to Gunshow to try Endless Bliss. There was nobody there and we cruised both pitches, which definitely made up for the earlier climbs. No pictures were taken.

Led:
On The Outskirts 5.8
Endless Bliss 5.10a 2p

No comments:

Post a Comment